Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Mechanical Engineering, 1982
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Mechanical Engineering, 1977
- B.S., Texas A&M University, Nuclear Engineering, 1973
- HVAC Systems
- Frost/Ice formation
- Multiphase flows and heat transfer
- Ventilation systems
Texas A&M University
- Associate Dean for Research, College of Engineering, and Deputy Directory, Texas Engineering Experiment Station, May 2011 - August 2012
- Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, May 2003 - April 2012
- Faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering, January 1983 - August 2012
Faculty Sabbatical, Sandia National Laboratories, July 2000 - August 2001
Research Staff Member, Oak Ridge National Laboratories, August 1977 - August 1980
- P. Yin*, C. Reid*, and D. L. O’Neal, “Using a Mass and Energy Balance Approach to Model the Performance of Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units with Fixed Airflow Fans,” ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 122, Pt. 2, June 2016.
- D. L. O’Neal, and J. Edmondson*, “Characterizing Air Leakage in Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units,” ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 122, Pt. 1, pp. 343-353, January 2016.
- D. O’Neal, “Development of Models to Simulate the Part-Load Performance of Oversized ECM Fan-Powered Terminal Units,” ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 121, Pt. 2, pp. 321-333, July 2015.
- P. Yin* and D. L. O’Neal, “Characterizing Airflow and Power of VAV Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units from Component Data – Part I”, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 120, Pt. 2, June 2014.
- S. Woo*, D. O’Neal, and M. Pecht, “Reliability Design of a Reciprocating Compressor Suction Reed Valve in a Common Refrigerator Subjected to Repetitive Pressure Loads”, Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 17, Issue 4, pp. 979-991, June 2010.
- R. Bassiouny* and D. O’Neal, “A Numerical Estimate of Flexible Short-tube Flow and Deformation with R-134a and R-410a”, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 114, Pt. 2, June 2008.
- J. Lloyd*, D. O’Neal, and R. Hogan, “Numerical Simulation Simplifications for Coupled Natural Convection and Radiation in Small Enclosures with a Cylindrical Obstruction”, Heat Transfer Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 120-129, Feb. 2007.
- Y. Ling, J.-M. Fullana, S. Popinet, and C. Josserand, “Droplet migration in a Hele-Shaw microchannel: Effect of the lubrication film on the droplet dynamics,” Physics of Fluids 28, 062001 (2016)
- Y. Ling, S. Balachandar, and M. Parmar, “Inter-phase heat transfer and energy coupling in turbulent dispersed multiphase flows,” Physics of Fluids 28, 033304 (2016)
- Y. Ling, J. L. Wagner, S. J. Beresh, S. P. Kearney, and S. Balachandar, “Interaction of a planar shock wave with a dense particle curtain: Modeling and experiments,” Physics of Fluids 24, 113301 (2012)
- Y. Ling, A. Haselbacher, and S. Balachandar, “Importance of unsteady contributions to force and heating for particles in compressible flows. Part 1: Modeling and analysis for shock-particle interaction,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow 37, 1026–1044 (2011)