Dr. Dennis O'Neal
Dean of School of Engineering and Computer Science
Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University (1982)
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University (1977)
- BS, Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University (1973)
- HVAC Systems
- Frost/Ice formation
- Multiphase flows and heat transfer
- Ventilation systems
- Texas A&M University
- Associate Dean for Research, College of Engineering, and Deputy Directory, Texas Engineering Experiment Station, May 2011 - August 2012
- Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering, May 2003 - April 2012
- Faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering, January 1983 - August 2012
- Faculty Sabbatical, Sandia National Laboratories, July 2000 - August 2001
- Research Staff Member, Oak Ridge National Laboratories, August 1977 - August 1980
- S. Woo and D. L. O’Neal, “Reliability design and case study of mechanical system like a high kit in a refrigerator subjected to repetitive stresses,” Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 99, pp. 319-329, May 2019.
- T. Zhang* and D. L. O’Neal, “Phase Transition of Water Droplets with Different Static Contact Angles,” Heat Transfer Research, Vol. 50, Issue 4, pp. 381-397, Feb. 2019.
- S. Woo* and D. L. O’Neal, “Improving the Reliability of Mechanical Components That Have Failed in the Field due to Repetitive Stress,” Metals, Vol. 9, Issue 1, Jan. 2019.
- Z. Sardoueinasab, Peng Yin*, and D. O’Neal, “Energy Modeling and Analysis of Inherent Air Leakage from Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units using EMS in EnergyPlus,” Energy and Buildings, Vol. 176, pp. 109-119, Oct. 2018
- S. Woo*, D. O’Neal, and M. Pecht, “Reliability Design of a Reciprocating Compressor Suction Reed Valve in a Common Refrigerator Subjected to Repetitive Pressure Loads”, Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 17, Issue 4, pp. 979-991, June 2010.
- B. Dooley*, T. Zhang*, and D. L. O’Neal, “Optonumerical technique for mapping freezing droplet interactions on substrates,” Optical Engineering, 57(9) pp. 094108-1-9, Sept. 2018.
- D. Lu*, D. L. O’Neal, and P. Yin*, “An Evaluation of Two Cooling Control Strategies with VariableAirflow Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units,” ASHRAE Transactions, HO-18-006, 124(2), pp. 38-51, June 2018.
- P. Yin*, D. L. O’Neal, and D. Lu*, “Annual Energy Performance Evaluation of Series and Parallel Fixed-Airflow Fan Powered Terminal Units,” ASHRAE Transactions, CH-18-014, Vol. 124, Pt. 1, January 2018
- D. L. O’Neal, P. Yin*, and D. Lu*, “A Comparison of Fixed- and Variable-Airflow Series FanPowered Terminal Units,” ASHRAE Transactions, CH-18-012, 124(1), pp. 121-136, January 2018.
- P. Yin* and D. O’Neal, “Modeling Variable-Airflow Parallel Fan-Powered Terminal Units with a Mass and Energy Balance Approach,” ASHRAE Transactions, CH-18-004, 124(1), pp. 12-21, January 2018.
- P. Yin*, C. Reid*, and D. L. O’Neal, “Modeling Variable-Airflow Series Fan-Powered Terminal Units with a Mass and Energy Balance Approach,” ASHRAE Transactions, CH-18-003, 124(1), pp. 22-31, January 2018.