Dr. Anne Spence
Assistant Chair and Clinical Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- PhD, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland in College Park (1994)
- MS, Aerospace Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington (1988)
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla (1985)
- EGR 1301 - Introduction to Engineering
- EGR 4390 - Engineering Design II
Dr. Spence joined Baylor University's School of Engineering and Computer Science after 22 years of teaching engineering at the university level. Her most recent work focuses on increasing the K-12 engineering pipeline, improving the retention of undergraduate students in engineering and preparing the next generation of engineering faculty through the development effective teaching practices. Dr. Spence has taught a variety of engineering courses, served as director of women in engineering programs and led curriculum reform initiatives at both the department and college level. She has been the PI or Co-PI on engineering education focused NSF grants totaling over $15 million.