Board of Advocates
Recognizing the school's need to establish strong ties with industrial and corporate constituents, the ECS Board of Advocates supports Baylor Engineering and Computer Science programs in order to produce superior graduates in a faith-based, educational environment and ensures the success of our students. Board members advise the school on the educational and recruitment needs of the industrial/corporate/government sector; provide guidance on how concerns can be addressed in the context of the School's and University's missions; and suggests courses of action.
The Board of Advocates convenes twice annually. In fulfilling its mission, Baylor's Engineering and Computer Science Board of Advocates will:
- Recommend programs and activities for engineering and computer science related education;
- Counsel the school on matters pertaining to education, research, scholarship and service;
- Serve as an ambassador for and promote the school and the university;
- Assist with the recruitment and placement of students; and
- Support the fundraising and advancement campaigns of the school.
Members of the ECS Board of Advocates hold high-level positions in corporate, industrial, research, government or educational institutions. Each member indicates their willingness and availability to voluntarily assist the school and the board to execute their missions. All members of the ECS Board of Advocates support the mission of the school and embrace its Christian character.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Friday, April 3, 2020
Past Board Meetings
Fall 2019: Friday, November 9, 2019
For more information or to be considered for a position on the Board of Advocates, contact Jill Anderson at 254.710.6826 or via email.