Dr. Abhendra Singh
- Ph.D., Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University (2013)
- M.S., Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University (2009)
- B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Roorkee (2002)
- Ceramic Matrix Composites for high temperature applications
- Hybrid Multifunctional Composite Structures
- Structural applications of bulk carbon nanotubes
- Multi-scale modeling of damage in composite structures.
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, baylor university (2019- Present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Purdue University Northwest (2017-2019)
- National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellow, Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology (2015-2017)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Engineering Science and Mechanics, The Pennsylvania State University (2014-2015)
All University Doctoral Prize 2014, Syracuse University.
Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University.
Membership in Professional Organizations
American Ceramics Society, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Kemnitz RA, Cobb GR, Singh AK, Hartsfield CR. Characterization of Simulated Low Earth Orbit Space Environment Effects on Acid-spun Carbon Nanotube Yarns. Materials and Design; First published online September 3 2019.
- Singh AK, Davidson BD, Zehnder AT and Hasseldine BPJ. An Analytical Model for the Response of Carbon/Epoxy-Aluminum Honeycomb Core Sandwich Structures Under Quasi-Static Indentation Loading. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials 2019; 21 (6): 1930 - 1952.
- Singh AK, Cobb GR and Kemnitz RA. In-situ Characterization of Bulk Carbon Nanotube Behavior in a Sheet Under Tensile Load. Materials Today Communications 2018; 17: 493–500.
- Singh AK and Mall S. Tensile and Fatigue Behavior of Oxide/Oxide CMC with Simulated Foreign Object Damage in Combustion Environment. International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 2018; 15: 16-27.
- Singh AK, Misak HE and Mall S. Effects of UVB Light Exposure on Tensile Behavior of Carbon Nanotube Sheet. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2018; 18 (3): 2079-2084.
- Seo J, Singh AK, Zhang Y, Ma J, Bakis CE, Rahn CD and Hickner MA. Electrolyte resistant epoxy for bonding batteries based on sandwich structures. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2018; 135 (15): 46059 (1-9).
- Singh AK, Sabelkin V and Mall S. Creep-Rupture Behavior of Notched Oxide/Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composite in Combustion Environment. Advances in Applied Ceramics 2017; 117(1): 30-41.
- Singh AK, Sabelkin V and Mall S. Fatigue Behavior of Double-Edge Notched Oxide/Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composite in a Combustion Environment. Journal of Composite Materials 2017; 51 (26): 3669-3683.
- Cobb, GR, Singh AK and Mall S. In-Situ Characterization of Microstructural Changes in a Carbon Nanotube Sheet under Sustained Load. Materials and Design 2017; 134: 494-501.
- Zhang Y, Ma J, Singh AK, Cao L, Seo J, Rahn CD, Bakis CE and Hickner MA. Multifunctional Structural Lithium Ion Battery for Electric Vehicles. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures 2017; 28(12): 1603-1613.
- Hasseldine BPJ, Zehnder AT, Keating B, Singh AK and Davidson BD. Compressive strength of aluminum honeycomb core sandwich panels with thick carbon/epoxy facesheets subjected to barely visible indentation damage. Journal of Composite Materials 2016; 50(3): 387-402.
- Singh AK, Cao L, Ma J, Seo J, Bakis CE, Zhang Y, Hickner MA and Rahn CD. Design, manufacture and test of a novel structural battery based on sandwich construction. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials 2015; 17(6): 666-690.
- Singh AK, Davidson BD, Hasseldine BPJ and Zehnder AT. Damage resistance of aluminum core honeycomb sandwich panels with carbon/epoxy face sheets. Journal of Composite Materials 2015; 49 (23): 2859-2876.
- Singh AK, Davidson BD, Eisenberg DP, Czabaj MW and Zehnder AT. Damage characterization of quasi-statically indented composite sandwich structures. Journal of Composite Materials 2013; 47 (10): 1211-1229.
- Czabaj MW, Zehnder AT, Davidson BD and Singh AK. Compressive strength of honeycomb-stiffened graphite/epoxy sandwich panel with barely visible indentation damage. Journal of Composite Materials 2014; 48 (20): 2455-2471.
- Singh AK and Davidson BD. Effects of temperature, seawater and impact on the strength, stiffness and life of sandwich composites. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites 2011; 30 (3): 269-277.