Application Completion Requirements
- Application: Complete your application by the deadline. The application deadlines for financial aid are February 15 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester. We do not run a regular admission cycle for the summer semester.
- Academic Transcripts: Upload all unofficial transcripts. If admitted, applicants must submit official transcripts to the Baylor University Graduate School before enrollment can occur. The graduate school requires transcripts from each university that you have attended, whether as an undergraduate or a graduate student.
- GRE Test Scores (optional): The GRE General Test is optional for admission to our program. However, if your qualification has any weak area, you are encouraged to take the GRE. Such cases include, but are not limited to, a low undergraduate GPA (below 3.0 out of 4.0) or the lack of computer science foundation courses in your transcripts. GRE scores must be from within the past five years, but no Computer Science Subject Test is required.
- Statement of Purpose: Please provide a statement of purpose and explain how the PhD/MS in Computer Science will facilitate your academic and professional objectives and which research area you are interested in. You can highlight any evidence of your research experience here as well.
- Contact information for three recommenders: You will want to make sure at least two of these recommenders are qualified to comment on your strengths in areas relevant to computer science. It is also important to seek recommendations from individuals who can make specific comments about evidence of your potential or to conduct independent research. The online application process will require you to give contact information for three recommenders. These individuals will be contacted automatically.
- Writing Sample: we expect to see one (or more) of your technical writing samples such as a published paper you (co)-authored if there is any. (Optional for Master’s applicants)
- International Students
- English Proficiency: International applicants must submit their TOEFL or IELTS scores unless you have a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is English. [CLICK HERE for information on TOEFL and IELTS tests.]
- Official Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application review process. [CLICK HERE for information on required documents.]
If you have any further question regarding the graduate degrees in Computer Science program, please contact our Graduate Program Director: Dr. Michael Poor