Dr. Pablo Rivas
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at El Paso (2011)
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Chihuahua Institute of Technology (2006)
- BS, Computer Science, Nogales Institute of Technology (2004)
- Responsible AI
- Standards for AI Ethics
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Fuzzy Systems
- Director, Center for Standards and Ethics in Artificial Intelligence, NSF IUCRC (Planning), 2022
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Marist College, 2015-2020
- Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Baylor University, 2012-2015
- Graduate Research Intern, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, 2009
- Systems Integrator Engineer, TRW Automotive, 2000-2008
- T. Bonaci, K. Michael, P. Rivas, L. J. Robertson and M. Zimmer, “Emerging Technologies, Evolving Threats: Next-Generation Security Challenges,” in IEEE Transactions on Technology and Society, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 155-162, Sept. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TTS.2022.3202323.
Pablo Rivas, Casimer DeCusatis, Matthew Oakley, Alex Antaki, Nicholas Blaskey, Steven LaFalce, Stephen Stone, "Machine Learning for DDoS Attack Classification Using Hive Plots," 2019 IEEE 10th Annual Ubiquitous Computing, Electronics & Mobile Communication Conference (UEMCON), 10/2019
Pablo Rivas, Ezequiel Rivas, Omar Velarde, Samuel Gonzalez, "Deep Sparse Autoencoders for American Sign Language Recognition using Depth Images.", 21st Int'l Conf on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI 2019), 8/2019.
Pablo Rivas, "Modeling Five Sentence Quality Representations by Finding Latent Spaces Produced with Deep Long Short-Memory Models.", Workshop on Widening NLP @ Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) annual meeting, 7/2019.
Pamela J. Harper, John C. Cary, William S. Brown, Pablo Rivas, "Ethics under Pressure: A Study of the Effects of Gender, Religiosity, and Income under the Perception of Pressure " Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, vol. 16, no. 3, 7/2019.
Erich J. Baker, Nicole A.R. Walter, Alex Salo, Pablo Rivas, Sharon Moore, Steven Gonzales, Kathleen A. Grant "Identifying Future Drinkers: Behavioral Analysis of Monkeys Initiating Drinking to Intoxication is Predictive of Future Drinking Classification " in Alcoholism Clinical and Experimental Research, 2/2017.
Juan Cota-Ruiz Pablo Rivas, Ernesto Sifuentes, and Rafael Gonzalez-Landaeta "A Recursive Shortest Path Routing Algorithm with application for Wireless Sensor Network Localization" accepted for publication in IEEE Sensors Journal, 3/2016.
Pablo Rivas, Erich Baker, Greg Hamerly, and Bryan Shaw, "Detection of Leukocoria using a Soft Fusion of Expert Classifiers under Non-clinical Settings", vol. 14, no. 110, in BMC Ophthalmology. 9/2014.
Pablo Rivas, Juan Cota-Ruiz, Jose-Gerardo Rosiles, "A nonlinear least squares quasi-Newton strategy for LP-SVR hyper-parameters selection", in International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol. 5, no. 4, 8/2014.
Pablo Rivas, Juan Cota-Ruiz, Jose-Gerardo Rosiles, "Statistical and Neural Pattern Recognition Methods for Dust Aerosol Detection," in International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 34, no. 21, 4/2013.