Dr. Ning Zhang
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida (2013)
- M.S., Solid Mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China (2008)
- B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Dalian University of Technology, China (2006)
Honors and Awards
- NSF CAREER Award (2022)
- ORAU Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award (2021)
- TMS FMD Young Leaders Professional Development Award (2019)
- TMS SMD Young Professional Poster Winner (2019)
- University of Florida Outstanding Academy Achievement Award (2013)
- NSF-CMMI Research and Innovation Conference Student Participation Grant (2011)
- Multiscale computational modeling
- Machine learning
- Materials design
- Medium/high entropy alloys
- Green polymer composites
We are always seeking highly self-motivated individuals to join our research group!
- ME 5396 Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- ME 3322 Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Guotai Li, Tianyu Yu, Ning Zhang and Mingjun Chen. The effect of Ni content on phase transformation behavior of NiTi alloys: an atomistic modeling study. Computational Materials Science 215 (2022) 111804.
- Ning Zhang and Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Superelasticity and shape memory effect in zirconia nanoparticles. Extreme Mechanics Letters (2021): 101301.
- Ahsan, Md Ariful, Alain Rafael Puente Santiago, Yu Hong, Ning Zhang, Manuel Cano, Enrique Rodriguez-Castellon, Luis Echegoyen, Sreeprasad T. Sreenivasan, and Juan C. Noveron. Tuning of tri-functional NiCu bimetallic nanoparticles confined in a porous carbon network with surface composition and local structural distortions for the electrocatalytic oxygen reduction, oxygen and hydrogen evolution reactions. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 142.34 (2020): 14688-14701.
- Ning Zhang and Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Nanoscale Flaw Tolerance Behaviour of Polycrystalline Tetragonal Zirconia Nanopillars. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (2020): 105405.
- Ning Zhang and Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Nanoscale Self-healing Mechanisms in Shape Memory Ceramics. npj Computational Materials, 2019, 5 (1), p. 54.
- Xi Cao, Yu Hong, Ning Zhang, Qingzhi Chen, Jahangir Masud, Mohsen Asle Zaeem, and Manashi Nath. "Phase Exploration and Identification of Multinary Transition-Metal Selenides as High-Efficiency Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalysts through Combinatorial Electrodeposition." ACS Catalysis 8, no. 9 (2018): 8273-8289.
- Ning Zhang, Yu Hong, Sanaz Yazdanparast, Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Superior Structural, Elastic and Electronic Properties of 2D Titanium Nitride MXenes over Carbide based MXenes: A Comprehensive First Principles Study, 2D Materials 5 (2018) 045004.
- Yu Hong, Ning Zhang, and Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Metastable phase transformation and deformation twinning induced hardening-stiffening mechanism in compression of silicon nanoparticles. Acta Materialia 145 (2018): 8-18.
- Umanga De Silva, Jahangir Masud, Ning Zhang, Yu Hong, Wipula P. R. Liyanage, Mohsen Asle Zaeem, Manashi Nath, Nickel telluride as a bifunctional electrocatalyst for efficient water splitting in alkaline medium. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6. 17 (2018): 7608-7622.
- Ning Zhang, Mohsen Asle Zaeem. Competing Mechanisms between Dislocation and Phase Transformation in Plastic Deformation of Single Crystalline Yttria-Stabilized Tetragonal Zirconia Nanopillars. Acta Materialia 120 (2016): 337-347.
- Ning Zhang, Shengfeng Yang, Liming Xiong, Yu Hong and Youping Chen, Nanoscale toughening mechanism of nacre tablet. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 2016 (53): 200-209.
School of Engineering
& Computer Science
One Bear Place #97356
Waco, TX 76798-7356