Dr. Lesley Wright
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 2006
- M.S., Texas A&M University, 2003
- B.S., Arkansas State University, 2001
- Convective Heat Transfer
- Gas Turbine Heat Transfer and Cooling
- Flow and Heat Transfer Optical Diagnostics
- Brown, C.P., Wright, L.M., and McClain, S.T., 2015, “Comparison of Staggered and In-Line V-Shaped Dimple Arrays using S-PIV,” ASME Paper No. GT2015-43499, 2015 ASME (IGTI) Turbo Expo, Montreal, Canada, June 15 – 19, 2015.
- Jordan, C.N., Wright, L.M., and Crites, D.C., 2016, “Impingement Heat Transfer on a Cylindrical, Concave Surface with Varying Jet Geometries,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 138, No. 12, Article 1222202 (10 pages).
- Vinton, K.R., Nahang-Toudeshki, S., Wright, L.M., Carter, A., 2016, “Full Coverage Film Cooling Performance for Combustor Cooling Manufactured Using DMLS,” ASME Paper No. GT2016-56504, 2016 ASME (IGTI) Turbo Expo, Seoul, South Korea, June 13 – 17, 2016.
- Vinton, K.R., Watson, T.B., Wright, L.M., Crites, D.C., Morris, M.C., and Riahi, A., 2017, “Combined Effects of Freestream Pressure Gradient and Density Ratio on the Film Cooling Effectiveness of Round and Shaped Holes on a Flat Plate,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 139, No. 4, Article 041003 (10 pages).
- Elston, C.A. and Wright, L.M., 2017, “Leading Edge Jet Impingement under High Rotation Numbers,” ASME J. Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, Vol. 9, No. 2, Article 021010 (12 pages).