Dr. Lulin Jiang
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Alabama (2014)
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Alabama (2013)
- BS, Thermal Energy & Power Engineering, North China Electric Power University (2005)
- ME 2345 – Thermodynamics
- ME 4396-03/5396-02 – Special Topics: Introduction to Combustion
- Design of Thermo-fluids Systems
- Combustion and Propulsion
- Advanced Atomization and Sprays
- Laser Diagnostics for Flow Measurements
- Multiphase Flow
- Renewable Energy
Dr. Jiang is an Assistant Professor (AP) in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Baylor. She has gained more than ten years of experience in advanced atomization and combustion, and cutting-edge laser diagnostics for flow investigation. Prior to joining Baylor, she had served at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as an AP since Fall 2015, where she established the combustion laboratory from scratch. Within four years of service at UL Lafayette, she has successfully chaired and graduated both high-caliber master and Ph.D. students. She has been also dedicated into mentoring undergraduate researchers in her lab and senior projects. Her research team is devoted in co-optimization of transformative atomization techniques and next-generation combustion and propulsion systems. Their diligence has successfully attracted external funds and been converted into quality results archived in high-impact journals such as Fuel. Her research group has successfully designed atomizers with ultra-fast and fine atomization. Hence, they have achieved clean and complete combustion of fossil and bio- fuels with distinct properties, including low-viscosity fuels and highly viscous oils, such as straight algae oil for the first time, potentially enabling near-zero-emission combustion with high fuel flexibility. Dr. Jiang has also enjoyed teaching and engaging students in and out of class. She has taught Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Combustion courses at undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
“*” denotes the corresponding author.
1. Danh, V.T., Akinyemi, O. S., Taylor, C.E., Frank, J. T. and Jiang, L.*, “Effect of Injector Swirl Number on Near-Field Spray Characteristics of a Novel Twin-Fluid Injector.” Experiments in Fluids, 60:80 (2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/s00348-019-2721-6.
2. Akinyemi, O. S., and Jiang, L.*, “Development and Combustion Characterization of a Novel Twin-Fluid Fuel Injector in a Swirl-Stabilized Gas Turbine Burner Operating on Straight Vegetable Oil.” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 102 (2019), pp. 279-290.
3. Akinyemi, O. S. and Jiang, L.*, Hernandez, R., McIntyre, C., and Holmes, W. “Combustion of Straight Algae Oil in a Swirl-Stabilized Burner Using a Novel Twin-Fluid Injector.” Fuel, 241 (2019), pp. 176-187.
4. Danh, V.T., Jiang, L.* and Akinyemi, O. S., “Investigation of Water Spray Characteristics in the Near Field of a Novel Swirl Burst Injector.” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 102 (2019), pp. 376-386.
5. Akinyemi, O.S., Jiang, L.*, Barkov, S.O, Buchireddy, P.R., Guillory, J.L., and Holmes, W., “Investigation of Effect of Biomass Torrefaction Temperature on Volatile Energy Recovery Through Combustion.” Journal of Energy Resources Technology 140(11):112003 (2018), DOI: 10.1115/1.4040202.
6. Liu L., Liu Y., Mi M., Wang Z., and Jiang, L., “Evaporation of a Bicomponent Droplet during Depressurization.” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 100 (2016), pp. 615-626.
7. Jiang, L. and Agrawal, A.K., “Spray features in the near field of a flow-blurring injector investigated by high-speed visualization and time-resolved PIV.” Experiments in Fluids, 56(103) (2015), DOI: 10.1007/s00348-015-1973-z.
8. Jiang, L. and Agrawal, A.K., “Investigation of glycerol atomization in the near-field of a flow-blurring injector using time-resolved PIV and high-speed visualization.” Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 94(2) (2015), pp. 323-338.
9. Jiang, L. and Agrawal, A.K., “Combustion of Straight Glycerol With/Without Methane Using a Fuel-Flexible, Low-Emissions Burner.” Fuel, 136 (2014), pp. 177-184.
10. Jiang, L., Agrawal, A.K., and Taylor, R.P., “Clean Combustion of Different Liquid Fuels using a Novel Injector.” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 57 (2014), pp. 275-284